Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I’ve been getting things that look like blisters on the tip

Hey I’ve been getting things that look like blisters on the tip of my tongue and on some on the roof of my mouth near the back and it’s really painful, I’ve gotten oral thrush gel treatment but I’m not too sure it’s working. Have you any idea on what it is and how I can maybe get rid of it?
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: nope no tooth pain, I’m not sure if it’s swollen or not it’s a bit hard to swallow but I think that’s just because of the blisters are near the back of my throat
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nope

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Are you able to provide a photo of these? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (2M5LSV1)

Thank you, ***** ***** indeed look sore.

How long has it been like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st of June I think it was

Thanks, ***** ***** it location, this suggests it is more likely to be a contact irritant, could be hot (temperature) food/drink or spicy food/irritant acidic foods.

With blisters else where I would persist for a week with a thrush treatment, but I think the best thing you could do is use a medicated mouth was such as corsydl regularly for the week as well to see if this helps it settle.

If it continues beyond this I would ask to see your dentist or GP, if it is not settling then an oral medication, possibly an antibiotic may be required if it was to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, I’ll keep using the gel and get that mouth wash to see if it gets any better

Thats my pleasure, I hope they resolve soon.

Please could you kindly click on the stars to rate my response, thank you