DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My 4 month baby poo is and it has been this colour for the

Hello there my 4 month baby poo is green and it has been this colour for the last week . I’m breastfeeding him and occasionally supplementing with ready mixed milk when he’s fussier and doesn’t want the breast . Should I be concerned about the poo or is it normal?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven’t just wanted to check online first not taking any medications
JA: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No he’s been healthy but I’m concerned he might not be getting enough milk from the breast because of that green colour

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This can be absolutely normal

There can be a shade of green or grey in infants and this is usually normal

As long as the baby is feeding normally and there is no other symp***** *****ke fever or irritability then nothing to worry at all

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this is confronting to know. We had a hard time the last few weeks with breastfeeding as I put him on the breast and hes suckling for a bit then he turns his head and cries . Is this normal as well for his age? I start to wonder maybe I don’t have enough milk but I don’t really want to stop breastfeeding

You should continue breast feeding

This can be normal

Just in case if you feel that he is not feeding at all or become very irritable then you should go to the doctor for evaluation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again because of this situation going on they won’t see us at Gp . I also have another question. He started developing really dry skin on his belly would it be because I bathe him everyday? I use the same products I’ve always used on him and just recently developed this dryness. Also he got an irritation I think it’s small red dots all over his belly . Would this be a heat rash? How would I know this is it and how can I treat it?

It could be a heat rash and you should just apply some moisturizer or emollient like Vaseline over it