Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Been experiencing a pain that radiates from deep in my

Hi been experiencing a pain that radiates from deep in my trapezes muscle on my right side that travels down my shoulder and up into my head it’s been going on now 12 weeks and hasn’t got better, I have had an mri of the head and cervical spine and both come back fine, what do you think is the problem ? Am worrying is lymphoma in my neck/trap ?? Thanks

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. How long has this pain been there for?

3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?

4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?

5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?

6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi age 32 male I get tingling in my head and pain, the pain is worse if I put pressure on it I can physically find a lump it’s more just in a certain area, I can not remember lifting something and hurting it and I am not diabetic thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can’t find a lump that should say

Please hold on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities here are -

1. Muscular spasm or a pull of the tendon in the region which is caused by the bending or abnormal posture.

My suggestion will be to take tablet Ibuprofen 400 MG three times a day after food or on as and when required basis for a couple of days till the pain subsides.

If you are not better with this even after a week or if the pain is getting aggravated or if your perceiving any redness or swelling or heat over the region then you will require medical attention please.

Your physician might prescribe muscle relaxant which will set things right.

2. Although extremely unlikely vertebral compression or disc protrusion related radiculopathy has to be evaluated, if you are not better even after a week and your physician might ask for MRI spine to confirm the diagnosis please.

Meanwhile -

1. Keep yourself well hydrated.

2. Do not strain or lift heavy weights.

3. Do not do any abnormal, unaccustomed exercises or postures.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so in your opinion this isn’t cancer or anything life threatening?

100% not cancer please.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help it means a lot