Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Sorry I’m having real trouble getting to sleep and some days

Hi sorry I’m having real trouble getting to sleep and some days I haven’t slept at all I’ve just started fluoxetine 20 mg I’m not sure if this is why I have insomnia but I have been taking them for about 2 weeks now I don’t really feel tired either is there something I could take to help me sleep with fluoxetine

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Sorry to know that . Yes it could be due to the new medication , however it should ease off with time .

You can try over the counter sleep aids like Nytol or Melatonin 3mg about half an hour before bedtime .

Should help .

Wish you all the best .

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah because my anxiety is really quite bad at the moment with my ocd hand washing also I can’t relax also so I can take some sleeping pills with the fluoxetine then yes

Yes you may . Wish you all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you doctor

Most welcome .