Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Is this free? can i speak to a doctor, abdominal pains,

is this free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: can i speak to a doctor
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: abdominal pains, bloating
JA: Thanks for that. When was your last Doctor visit? What was discussed?
Customer: I last called the GP 4 days ago IBS was discussed
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i had an appendectomy 8-9 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip

Sorry to hear about this

But what's your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know if my symptoms are serious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In march I started having abdominal pains and loose bowel movements sometimes with mucus. Then after a few weeks these started going back to normal but I've had on and off pains that haven't gone away. At the moment I'm getting pain around various places in my colon. My bowel movements are solid and sometimes they float and often they break apart easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also had tenderness and pain around my lower ribs and upper abdomen. I've had blood tests done and they came back normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering if I should get a colonoscopy (im 24 years old)

Did you have a stool culture and a screening for an H pylori bacterial stomach infection?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've only had a bowel FIT test done which came back normal

Were you given any treatment for IBS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just buscopan tablets -- they dont really seem to help much though

I don't see a need for a colonoscopy--this isn't colon cancer if that's what you're worried sbout

It also isn't inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative coloitis

While it could be IBS it sounds like an H pylori bacterial stomach infection so I would do the stool screening for that

It's easily treated with a course of oral antibiotics and either Nexium or Pepcid

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I just ask why you're sure that it's not colon cancer? This is indeed my primary concern.

None of your symptoms are anything like colon cancer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for the help

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again