Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I had this stomachache since last night and it’s not really

Hi. My name is***** had this stomachache since last night and it’s not really going away. I’ve been vomiting as well. I’m suffering from indigestion and acid reflux. I have taken gaviscon, omeprazole and boscopan. But it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Please help

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. May I know your age please?

2. Are you having any burning pain radiating in the central part of the chest and how long have you had this for?

3. Is this associated with any hot and spicy or exotic food?

4. Did this start after any street food or unhygienic food?

5. Is there any personal or family history of gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux?

6. Are you feeling bloated even after small amount of food?

7. Has there been any alternating diarrhea and constipation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I’m 51 years old
2. I have this indigestion and acid reflux for 3 years
3. I been eating oily food lately and I had salad yesterday with ham, cheese and thousands island dressing.
4. No one in the family have them. I’m the only one.
5. Yes I’m feeling bloated
6. Yes diarrhea and constipation

Thank you for the information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Acute gastritis - Probably food related.

2. Gastroesophageal reflux.

3. Irritable Bowel syndrome.

Some times rather than Proton pump inhibitors (like Omeprazole or Pantoprazole) - H2 blocker like Ranitidine can work best and dramatically.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Ranitidine 150mg (available as over the counter) twice a day for 3 - 7 days depending on the symptom abatement.

2. Avoid hot and spicy food/ exotic food.

3. Avoid Cocoa/ chocolate/ coffee/ tea and alcohol.

4. Have food on time.

5. Have more of yogurt and butter milk.

6. Keep yourself well hydrated.

If you are not better with these measures we need to consider either IBS.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need proscription with the Ranitidine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the same as omeprazole. Or stronger

No please it is OTC.

It is a entirely different class of drug and hence cannot be compared a stronger or not.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I take this do I have to take omeprazole as well. Because I take gaviscon at the moment

No, take only Ranitidine.

Do not take both Ranitidine and Omeprazole.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Get well soon.