wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm 24 and for the last 2.5 months I've been having

Hi I'm 24 and for the last 2.5 months I've been having abdominal pains that change location -- varying all over the colon. Sometimes I have tenderness in the ribs at the front of my body but below the pectoral muscles (so soreness around the rib cartilage below the sternum. I've had blood tests come back normal and a bowel FIT test come back normal. In January I had a few instances of bright red blood on my toilet paper after passing stool. This was diagnosed as haemorrhoids and went away after a few days though and hasn't come back since. My weight is stable and has gone up around 2kg in the last two months and I have a normal appetite. However I have these constant bowel pains and I feel the need to go to the toilet frequently when I'm trying to sleep/lying down. This wakes me up at night. I am worried that it could be bowel cancer?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Initially 2 months ago I was having loose yellowy bowel movements, occasionally with mucus but this has stopped happening. Now my bowel movements are soft but come out in clear pieces and sometimes float and sometimes they sink. They seem to be not fully digested sometimes. The colour of my stool is yellowy-brown. I also have to wake up usually in the night to pee but not much comes out.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Why do you think all this is from intestinal cancer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Because I've looked online and some of my symptoms match those of bowel cancer

That is why you should not talk to The Evil Dr. Google.

Given what you have posted you do not have bowel cancer.

You most likely have anxiety.

So What to do?

The best thing for you to do is get under the care of a team consisting of a MS level social worker (group therapy, CBT), a PhD level psychologist (talk therapy) and a MD level psychiatrist (medical management).

This multi pronged approach has the best chance of making things better.

Does this make sense to you?

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City