Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Iv had headaches pain in back of neck for over a year now

Iv had headaches pain in back of neck for over a year now and now I'm getting earache I'm getting breathe less I sometimes suffer from low iron and my heart beat faster also getting pain in my body. Iv been told it's margines and tension. Then I was told yesterday it's chronic headaches and I need to see the ent doctor. And today I have all these pains and feel like something stuck in my throat. I thinks It's making me worried
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No the headaches over a year get 3 to 4 week the earache comes and goes for while o was told it could be sinuses
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: And my voice a bit horsey no that it

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am an associate professor of ENT. Would you like me to call you? It will cost you but make things much easier. Please send me a call request if you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's ok

Ok, we will stay in the chat. What have you used so far for these issues? Do you have any symptoms like nasal blockage, sneezing, blocked ears, etc? Are you hoarse all the time or it comes and goes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I get blocked nose no sneezing the doctor give me doxycycline for the pain I buy sindol. I feel pressures in my ears and head and today feel like something stuck in my throat and trobing pain the horse voice comes and goes. I get pain in back of neck and pain my body

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I have been looking online but a lot comes up. So that makes me worry more

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. These symptoms indicate that you are likely to have three problems. One is blocked nose and sinusitis that can lead to headaches, throat pain, ear blockage, and even hoarse voice. The back of neck pain is either due to muscle spasm or cervical spine problems. The last cause which can have some input can be acid reflux. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations the following measures can help you; Over the counter available;

1. Two tablets of paracetamol thrice daily for 5 days

2. Tablet Claritin once daily for 7 days

3. Sinex nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for 5 days

4. Capsule Omeprazole 10 mg twice daily for 2 weeks

5. Steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily.

Later see your ENT and he should order a CT scan and X rays of the neck and proceed accordingly. I reassure you that this is not cancer because in that case, the pattern of symptoms is different. If you will google your symptoms, it will say cancer but this is not how medical science works so just relax and I don't stress yourself. I reassure you. Your doctor should prescribe you steroid nasal spray as well. Lastly, I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, add one tablespoon each of ginger extract, and black pepper. Make a solution and take one teaspoon twice daily. It might take 7 days or more but will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I get pain in my face my nose just get blocked at night time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is due to sinusitis. You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, check your email for a rating link and use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What i the him remedy ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Home
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the home remedy for ?
Its a home remedy to help with your symptoms. It's natural anti inflammatory and anti allergic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand why the earache and throat pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain in my body is that due to ?
Once you nose has inflammation it travels to throat to cause the pain. Similarly acid from stomach also causes throat pain. Earache is due to the blockade of ear tube present behind the nose or it can be a referred pain from throat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My heart beat faster that is due to my low iron i have been taking iron tablets for a week now I did make the doctor for a blood test.
that is likely to be due to low iron but thyroid levels should be checked as well. Please remember to rate my answer to appreciate the assistance provided so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I will bye
Most welcome. You can rate by clicking the stars on this page or open your email to get the rating link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to ask ask again about the feeling something stuck in my throat? Is that due to the pain in having ?

That is likely to be due to anxiety.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and my headache feel like tight inside very uncomfortable now

take tablet aleve 500 mg twice daily for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i buy them over the counter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can. Most welcome.

I am sorry in Uk, you can't buy them from the counter. Either take Advil 400 mg thrice daily or Excedrin migraine twice daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor I spoke to before you Dr said it was chronic headaches? So I can still take the medicines you have just told me abou?

Yes you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sometimes if I cough or move my head it does hurt it's that normal?

yes that's normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also and behind the eye ? Is that due to headaches? Thanks again Dr hopefully my doctor will refer me.

Yes it is due to the same reason, take Excedrin migraine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

Most welcome,.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr I can't get a blood test till next week he has given me Amitriptyline for the pain. Can I still take if my heart beat fast because in the leaflet it says something about heart problems?

No, you can take it safely. Don't read the leaflet otherwise, you will keep getting stressed. Millions of patients take it without any problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr

:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi also now I'm getting pain in the roof of my mouth ?

It can be due to a canker sore or fungal infection. Just take Tylenol.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help

Welcome