Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have been throwing up for several months. I have cut

Hello! I have been throwing up for several months. I have cut different things out of my diet but nothing seems to work. I often throw up on or around my period.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No I’m not in any pain I usually feel a bit groggy before I throw up but I’m ok afterwards and they are regular every month. I was hospitalized last year and they said it was just a stomach bug but it has continued.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have a history of ALL.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. You do not note your age or if you are taking other medications. Viral gastroenteritis should last only a few days. Not months. If you have a history of leukemia then persistent vomiting is concerning and could mean spread or recurrence. You should seek an in person consultation with a Dr. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m 18 and have been cancer free for 13 years! I took an anti-depressant from July to February this year but other than that I’ve been healthy! I can hold water down and i only vomit maybe once or twice a month! I have had multiple blood tests and all have come back normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m originally from New Zealand but have moved to Germany I thought that it maybe have been circumstance vomiting. I was ok for 2 months but it started again. I’m not sure what todo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also get occasional blood noses.
That’s concerning as well as it could mean your platelet count is down. You need to see a Dr in person in Germany. If your blood work was normal then that is very reassuring and makes it less likely its a cancer recurrence.