M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

22, I live in London. and I have been having an unregulated

Hi, I'm Jordana, 22, I live in London. and I have been having an unregulated menstrual period for the past 8 months. In the last 2 months, something weirder is happening to me, today June 7 completes 26 days that I am bleeding without stopping in medium flow. how can you help me??
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? How long have you dealt with the bleeding?
Customer: I use contraceptive implant
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discolouration, or unusual smells?
Customer: the last time I did exams, about a year ago it showed everything normal.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: I've had problems with candidiasis a few times when I was a teenager

Hi, I will try and assist you. How long have you had the implant? Did these period abnormalities start after the implant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes they started after the implants, I am 1 and a half years old with an implant.

Some bleeding in the first three months after an implant usually happens, but should then resolve. However prolonged bleeding is not too uncommon either, that can happen in up to 17% of women. In about 11%, it may be so troublesome that the implant may need to be removed.

The first line treatment for this will be ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 5 days. You can start this, and you don't need a prescription. If that does not work, then birth control pills are added, and these can be given for anywhere from one to six months, as required, and they will regulate the bleeding.

In the UK birth control pills will need a prescription and blood pressure check, so you will need to contact your GP or Nurse.

I hope that answers you?

Please click the 5 stars on your screen to give my answer a positive rating, it's very important for me, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I contacted the NHS about a month and a half ago, but I had no solution to the problem, because of this virus period, tomorrow I will get in touch with them again ... I will start the treatment of the medicine that you indicated today.

Yes, that will reduce or stop the bleeding. The NHS is opening up now, so hopefully you will be able to reach them in case you need the birth control pills.

Please give a rating, that is the only way I get credit for my answer from the site, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok 5 stars!