Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I have these lumps on my legs. They come as a hard lump then

Hi I have these lumps on my legs . They come as a hard lump then they bleed and scab over as a shiny red lump and then they’re there to stay . I’ve got about six now . I first got one about a year ago

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for your question. This appears to be a foreign body granuloma, which are benign. They can remain for a long time and can be from a simple hair follicle. They often behave that way as the body is constantly reacting to it. The treatment for them is removal which is quite a simple procedure.

It is reassuring that after 1 year it isn't continuing to grow as this would be suggestive of something like a basal cell lesion, again removal would be the treatment for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for that . I also have another problem with my foot. I stood on a metal hook in the shower and it went into my foot. This was months ago now but there’s a sore lump on the ball of my foot now about an inch round in diameter and it’s really painful to walk on , I’ve had antibiotics but they haven’t helped .

No worries, so if you pierced the full thickness of the skin, the soft tissue beneath will take 6-12 months to heal. the scar on the skin surface will take up to 2 years to fully settle, more so on thickened areas of skin as the blood supply is not as great. If it is tender, you could use a topical steroid like hydrocortisone for a few weeks at a time to see if this helps.

I hope that helps - please could you kindly rate my response, thanks

If there are any follow up questions then please do not hesitate, the rating is the only way JustAnswer acknowledge my response to your quetion, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.