Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Just wondering if hitting yourself in the head is enough to

Hi, just wondering if hitting yourself in the head is enough to cause Paresthesia? I have been battling with stress and anxiety for the last half year or so and when I get really upset I sometimes hit myself on the head repeatedly.Unrelated I was put on some antibiotics last week to treat h plyori infection (amoxicillin and Clarithromycin), a couple of days after starting the course I started to get a numbing and tingling sensation at the top of my head around the hairline. I stopped taking the antibiotics on Wednesday and the feeling is still there. I asked a doctor and they said it would go away when I stop taking themDo you think it could be the hitting myself rather than the antibiotics I don’t think I have hit my head at all in the last couple of weeks before this startedThank you

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you feel tingling anywhere else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only on my head

It's most likely from the antibiotics then or may be it's just non specific inflammation of the nerves on head. Usually is self limited.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what do you mean by self limited? That it will go away?

Yes. No treatment is required usually. If it persists for weeks then you may need a nerve soothing agent like pregablin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Most welcome.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied. You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page. Best regards, ***** *****