Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I just heated my sandwich in microwave and it was mostly

JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I just heated my sandwich in microwave and it was mostly covered in foil: top of the foil was aluminium and the bottom surface of the foil covering the sandwish was paper . I did not realise that we should not put aluminium foil in microwave and realised that fume was getting off it. I turned it off the microwave after the sandwich has been in the microwave or about 1 minute 30 second. Part of the aluminium foil was burnt. I cleaned the sandwich from droplets of burnt foil and I ate it. Is it safe to do so or there is risk of poisoning?
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern. Few drops of burnt aluminium wouldn't cause any permanent damage to your body. You may feel some stomach discomfort but nothing more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there will be no food poisoning for example
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. It's unlikely to cause that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks doctor and I will rate you. The issue I am worried because I did it and the sandwich was eaten by my adult Son. It was few droplets and tried to clean it but I guess some remained. So there will be no problematic consequences?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the foil weighed about 25 mg

I understand your concern. You can relax. Your son will be fine.

You're most welcome.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied. You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page. Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks v much, you are kind

Most welcome. All the best.