Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Can I ask to get advice to a ENT specialist, yes I have and

Can I ask to get advice to a ENT specialist
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I have and waiting for a appointment no medication already taken antibiotic
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I been having trouble with my left tonsil. I’ve always suffered infections more on that side. I always suffered tonsil stone and I had more green/yellow fluid at bottom of tonsil that was easy pushed out with a cotton bud through a little open flap. The fluid stop then about 4/5 weeks ago noticed a reddish area like like bumps quite flat but irritated. There blood vessels over that area so at times can look more red but when calmer. If I pushed area you could get a slight orange/pink fluid but this has now lesson. I went to GP and he seem to think infection but I’ve taken penicillin for 10 days and not improved. My Gp now doing a 2week ENT
I’ve not heard anything yet regarding my appointment. Obviously I am worried
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve enclosed some pictures for you to see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see in this pic when blood vessels are up more it looks redder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another picture just so you can see area

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

WHat is your age and sex?

Any tests done by your GP like culture and sensitivity?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call, that is not sent by me but generated automatically by the website, you can ignore it if you choose.

I am an ENT specialist with 18 years of practise experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I’m 44 and female
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cultural done only antibiotic

Any conditions like diabetes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Ok, I have your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer

You are likely to be having chronic tonsillitis.

In chronic tonsillitis there is a reservoir of bacteria left behind which is difficult to eradicate by antibiotics.

Usually in chronic tonsillitis the tonsils get enlarged but in a particular case called atrophic tonsillitis, the tonsils may not be enlarged.

The vessels that you have pointed out are not significant, such vessels are present in most persons, and do not signify anything. Dont worry about that.

If the tonsils are causing you chronic problems, then you should consider a tonsillectomy.

It is good that you are scheduled to see a ENT.

Discuss about atrophic tonsillitis and discuss about doing a tonsillectomy. Also discuss about doing a throat swab and culture to find out the bacteria on your tonsils so that you can get a targetted approach.

These two points will help you in getting a permanent cure.

Take care- be safe - note down these points and see your doctor and discuss with him/her - this will enable you to get an informed discussion leading to the best possible outcome.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the top or bottom of your chatbox. We are paid only when a positive rating is given.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this looks nothing like tonsil cancer. Only say red patch can be

Not at all. This is not tonsil cancer. The red patch also is not tonsil cancer, definitely not.

But it suggests chronic tonsillitis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much my Gp said similar but as antibiotic didn’t clear read patch he referred me on 2 week pathway which made me worry that could be related to cancer and you read on internet that a red patch can be tonsil cancer

No not at all.

This is not tonsil cancer, dont worry about that.

Red patches called erythroplakia can be precancerous, but this is not eryhtroplakia, so dont worry about that.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating from the rating bar of stars at the top or bottom of your chatbox. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much fo reassurance. Waiting for ENT
Is hard and what with virus going on it maybe delayed.
Many thanks again for detailed reply x

Glad to be of help.

Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Hope my answer has helped you. If so, please choose a positive rating with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the corner of your chat box. We are paid only when a positive rating is given. If you dont find the rating system, go back to your email and then come back here through the link.

Without a positive rating, this session remains inconclusive.

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave you a little tip too

Thank you for the positive rating and the tip!

Remember to come back here if you have any other questions, I and other experts on the site are always ready to help you.

You can always request for me directly or begin your question with "for Dr. P. Jyoti", I will be very happy to be requested.

Stay home -stay safe!