Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have burning in my vulva, bladder pressure. Frequent urge

I have burning in my vulva, bladder pressure . Frequent urge to pee. I have tested for uti no infection present.
This has been going on for 3 weeks.
It wakes me in the night and I have bladder pressure.
I feel relief after pooing although this morn also had slight burning sensation after this.
I have not had a period since March and am now trying to lower inflammation through diet to manage hot flashes and I am
45 .

Dear Customer.

I am currently reviewing your concern. Please note that all phone call requests are auto-generated. I have no control over them. You may ignore these requests.

Communicating through chat is just fine with me.

How many times do you urinate in a day?

Is this problem recent?

Do you have any other symptoms? Fever?

Any other past illness?

Are you on any regular medicine?

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I urinate frequently maybe 10 times , but am trying to drink less . I have pelvic pain. I thought I had a uti . Took one course of anti biotics but no help
No fever

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly give me some time to prepare a detailed answer to your question.

Dear customer,

You are suffering with hyperactive or overactive bladder.

Overactive bladder causes a frequent and sudden urge to urinate which may be difficult to control. You may feel like you need to pass urine many times during the day and night, and may also experience unintentional loss of urine (urgency incontinence).

You may learn about this condition from following the Youtube presentation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goN5X3zj8EY&t=169s

You may be able to manage symptoms of an overactive bladder with simple behavioral strategies, such as dietary changes, timed voiding, and bladder-holding techniques using your pelvic floor muscles.

You may start using Pelvic floor muscle exercises, especially Kegel exercises from following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvdWozisOl8&t=3s

and also you may avoid bladder irritants like caffeine, spicy food, alcohol, cigarettes.

You can learn more from the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMuTEK4ENA

Remember following tips.

1) Do pelvic floor exercises daily for 10 minutes twice a day.

2) Drink less water, especially avoid 3-4 hours before sleep.

3) No Caffeine in any form, cola, tea, coffee, chocolates, etc.

4) Losing 8% of weight improves symptoms.

If the above doesn't give you sufficient relief, there many groups of medications available that provide good relief.

Medications that relax the bladder can be helpful for relieving symptoms of overactive bladder and reducing episodes of urge incontinence. These drugs include:

• Tolterodine (Detrol)
  • Oxybutynin, which can be taken as a pill (Ditropan XL) or used as a skin patch (Oxytrol) or gel (Gelnique)
  • Trospium
  • Solifenacin (Vesicare)
  • Darifenacin (Enablex)
  • Fesoterodine (Toviaz)
  • Mirabegron (Myrbetriq)

• Finally, you may read in detail about this condition for the following link

I hope that helps.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars, by clicking the 5 stars above with your mouse ( or with your finger on a mobile device). It is the only way professionals get compensated for helping on the site.

Giving a positive reply does not complete our conversation, you can continue any questions, you may have.

A bonus would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this explain burning in vulva and pelvic pain ?

Thank you for your reply.

These are symptoms of perimenopausal symptoms. Around this age, hormonal changes occur.

You may use Estrace (estradiol) vaginal cream is a preparation of estrogen, a female hormone, for topical application to the vaginal area used to treat symptoms of menopause like burning in the vulva.

Pelvic pain could be due to overactive bladder.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating ( 5 Star) it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.

You may read in detail about this condition in this link.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/overactive-bladder/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20355721

Thank you .