Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I suffer from PCOS ovary, I also have hair loss. What could

I suffer from PCOS ovary, I also have hair loss. What could I do to minimize its symptoms as well as improve my general health? I am also prone to stress and anxiety.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. PCOS is always best treated with diet and weight loss. In combination with a low dose combination birth control pill. Both will help treat both the hair loss and the hormonal imbalance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you recommend a birth control pill? What is the side effects of the pill? Thanks
thats what I recommended above. Most women have no side effects on the pill. Nausea or head ache can occur the first few days. Bleeding may be irregular the first month or two. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rank. I have been told by the doctor that birth control gives not natural bleeding / like it would occur during the period. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
That is of course true. The birth control pill blocks a natural cycle and there is no buildup of the uterine lining. Unless you are trying to conceive, there is no reason to have a build up of the uterine lining.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. However, I have heard that the pills ta***** *****-term could cause uterine cancer. Is that also true?
No they certainly do not.