I would like to recommend daily lifestyle changes which would further help in your eczema care.
I hope you would find it useful.
Since no permanent cure is available as it is a chronic skin condition, following measures should be incorporated.
It is good to watch out for the triggers which exacerbate your condition, they are unique to the patient.
Avoid scratching, it creates micro-tears and precipitates a flare-up
There are general measures which would be helpful. Links to various products given towards the end.
1) Use fatted cleanser (not soap) to clean like Dove, Basis, Camay. Avoid hot water.
2) Moisturize regularly with Vaniply and Cerave (ceramide cream). Especially after short (NOT LONG) showers with lukewarm water(NOT HOT).
3) Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg twice a day is helpful.
4) At night apply AMlactin cream.
5) Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight. Some exposure of 15 -20 minutes helps. If it is required use Aveeno positively mineral sunscreen.
6) Zinc supplements 25mg twice daily help.
7) If itching is severe- apply a cold compress and keep a good anti-itch cream like Sarna (Camphor+Menthol) in the refrigerator and apply it cool, feels much better.
8) Elimination diets have no role in the treatment of eczema.
9) Allergy to contact material like nickel, dyes in the fabric can cause a flare-up. Wool and Synthetic fabrics are well-known triggers. Cotton is the best.
10) Wash clothes in mild fragrance-free mild detergent. Avoid fabric softeners, they irritate eczema.
11) Avoid stressful situations as much as possible. Ensure a good night's sleep of 8 hours. They are well-known triggers.
12) After exercise or strenuous activity take a short shower to remove sweat which can trigger a flare-up.
The links of various products are as follows.
Moisturizers (thick & greasy)
Moisturizers for chapped hands & lips
With these measures, you would get good results.
But, if the symptoms are not resolved with the above measures to your satisfaction, you may consider using an immunosuppressant like Elidel (Pimecrolimus). But like discussed before topical steroids like Hydrocortisone cream may be tried first. It does not cause major side effects if used for a short duration and low strength of 1%.
I wish you all the best in life and happiness.