Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

The last 2 days I have an issue with my eyes. When I wake up

Hi the last 2 days I have an issue with my eyes. When I wake up in the morning, my eyes are red. I have blurry vision and I feel sensitive to see strong lights. Unfortunately I am new in London and I haven't got registered to any doctor yet.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: The last 2-3 day. I never had the same symptoms before and I never had any allergies recorded. Headaches no, but some pain if I touch my eyes when they are closed.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: About 10 years ago I got infected conjunctivitis, from the pine tree, but the symptoms where different.

welcome just answer.

From the symptoms that you are describing (blurring of vision and sensitivity to light specially in morning) you might be having -

- dryness of eyes. If you have significant exposure to screen (cell phone, TV, laptop, tablets etc), eyes become dry slowly over time

- eye allergy. Since your symptoms are for the last couple of days, allergy might be a possibility

- rarely you might have inflammation in eyes (rare to have in both eyes), glaucoma etc

I would advise you to use lubricating eye drops initially like genteal/optive/systane/refresh tears (available over the counter). When you get up in the morning, use these drops frequently 3-4 times at a gap of 5-10 minutes. Once dryness starts improving you will feel better. Applying cold compresses also helps. If there is itching then you can use anti-allergy eye drops like naphcon-A. If there is no improvement in the next few days, then ypu might need to see an eye doctor to rule out other possibilities.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doctor and thank you for your help. One last question, do I have to show any prescription or can I get it even without prescription??
Best regards, ***** *****