Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My wife has some discolouration on her face which started

Hi my wife has some discolouration on her face which started couple of weeks ago and it seems to be spreading
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: about 4 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no nothing else I can think of

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you please share a picture of that discoloration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (L56V4QT)

Please send some clear pictures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (4G7Z3V1)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the discolourisation started side of nose and along nose ma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now

For how long exactly she has this and is this itchy? What she has tried on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first mark came around 4 weeks ago and then it started spreading around the nose area and underneath the lips recently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's not itchy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she hasn't tried anything on it but just avoided the walking in the sun past couple of days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (SSGLMV5)

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is most likely Tinea Versicolor which is basically a type of fungal infection. Sometimes certain vitamin deficiencies can also cause this. I would suggest her to apply over the counter available Clotrimazole cream twice daily on the face for 2 weeks and take a multivitamin tablet daily for a month. Hopefully, she is going to be alright. If symptoms persist, she should see a doctor but hopefully, that will not be required. This doesn't look like vitiligo so there is no need to worry. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much for your help, I am glad it is not vitilgo however how would vitilgo usually be identified?

Vitiligo is mostly identified by its look and it's mostly whitish than what she has. Please try the cream and hope for the best. You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you both for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards