Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have some acne like stuff on my face and few on my scalp.

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i have some acne like stuff on my face and few on my scalp.
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did acne first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: not sure this is acne or something else. i have little oily skin and i am 35 years old male. no medications.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about acne?
Customer: no it started to appear now and then since the March 2020. since the lockdown
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: i had acne like issues (with white bumps) between my 16 years to 25 years. not seen any doctor but this comes and goes but this time around this is consistent and it still there...

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded the pictures for your reference.

Can you please share a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (2Z3TSVS)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (T367VZ1)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (L4G21LV)

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is acne. Acne is a stubborn problem and can take time to heal. You should use over the counter available Cetaphil cleansing moisturizer twice daily and benzoyl peroxide cream twice daily for 2 months and hopefully you will get a great response. If you don't feel better then you should see a dermatologist to get prescription drugs like tretinoin and maybe long term antibiotics but please remember that with every treatment you have to wait for a month to expect a response. Always avoid a hot bath. Prefer cold water and try to avoid oily food and junk. Prefer green leafy vegetables. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for coming back. I also has very flaky scalp or in other words dandruff and this is due to oily foods and related to Acne?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also i have few bumps like Acne on my scalp as well and they look similar to the ones that are on my face and its painful. They are filled with white pus so what do you recommend to fix this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you said avoid oily food what about butter, egg, ghee and bread (gluten) foods?

Yes that is related to oily skin and you should avoid oily foods, In scalp sometimes fungal infections can be the cause. You should use over the counter available Nizoral shampoo for your scalp. Yes, avoid such foods. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but egg not related right?

The egg should be avoided as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also how are u saying this is not seborrheic dermatitis or Eczema?

The bumps mean acne. With dermatitis or eczema, there should be marked redness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thought so. is there any other food i should avoid?

You should avoid fast foods, dairy products, chocolates, fried foods, etc. Prefer green vegetables and beans.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok what about roti or chapathi or wraps?

Yes you can eat that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. white rice, orange and apple juices and fruits and also semi-skimmed milk ?

Yes, perfect all these things are best for you. Lastly, no stress because that increases acne. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about coffee and tea?

Yes they are fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for clarifying. i will come back to you if i need any help. thanks.

You are most welcome. You can come back even after you have rated the answer. Please remember to click the 5 stars on this page to appreciate the assistance provided so far. If you are on a mobile, use a browser, or open your email to see the rating area. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cetaphil cleansing moisturizer and benzoyl peroxide cream - do i need to buy any particular mg?

They are of same strength.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not due to ingrown hairs as i am shaving?

No

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one quick clarification - do i need to use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser ?

Cetaphil oily skin cleanser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thing is i dont have an oily skin so wanted to make sure.

You previously said that you have oily skin. If you don't have oily skin then get the simple one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i said oily skin what i meant was i had this acne and the white bumps filled with sebum kind of stuff. Also whenever i eat very oily food next morning i have oily face but it goes away after washing. not sure you call this as an oily skin or dry skin?

then you have oily skin and get the oily one