Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I'd like to know if it is ok to use Metronidazole gel 3

Hi, I'd like to know if it is ok to use Metronidazole gel 3 weeks after a medical abortion to treat an infection, I've been prescribed by my GP.
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, what are all the medications you're on? Have you used Metronidazole or something similar in the past?
Customer: I'm not on any other medication. I was prescibed Metronidazole 500mg on friday but I think they are making my tinnitus worse (and start in my good ear). My GP has now prescribed the gel
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: I don't remember the date but I'm always up to date with my smears and I've not had any irregular results
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: No nothing, other than having tinnitus which is my main concern when taking medication. I'm also concerned about using the gel after the abortion

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
It's fine to use the metronidazole gel after the abortion--absolutely no harm with doing that

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you know if it can effect or cause tinnitus?

No--the gel won't affect or cause tinnitus

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time with you