Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

For the last 4 months I have had a stinging burning

Hi for the last 4 months I have had a stinging burning sensation inside my vagina my pelvic area is very tender and I constantly need to pee, I’ve had an antibiotic but it hasn’t worked I’ve also tried an over the counter medication that you insert inside once a day for 5 days it hasn’t worked I also tried sachets for systitus But that hasn’t worked either, intercourse is impossible as my insides feel raw I’m not sexually active and I’m 58 years old.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Not allergic to any medication I’m on ramapril Aspirin sertraline tablets and simvastatin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am borderline diabetic

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you could have vaginal atrophy causing your symptoms since you are after menopause

you may benefit from prescription estrogen creams or estrogen vaginal suppository which could help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I will ask my doctor for this treatment

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You have to scroll up to the top for the ratings area)
Make sure you are logged into your account so you can leave positive feedback.
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com