Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I delivered my baby natural with episiotomy and forceps.

Good afternoon, I delivered my baby natural with episiotomy and forceps. Since then is 10 weeks and still I am bleeding. The bleeding was stopped for a few days and after start again. I want to mention the bleading is like fresh blood and quantity like a 1 full tampon a day. Plus this i had 2 courses with antibiotics for urine infection and now I have treatment with 1 capsule fluconazol and extern cream clotrimazol. Is normal this bleeding? Thank you.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I feel tired and my body temperature was very low, I was feeling all the time cold
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: After I delivered my baby start to have constipation
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. You may be bleeding due to the yeast infection or you may still be bleeding after delivery. Are you bottle or breast feeding? Using any birth control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am full breastfeeding. No I am not using any birth control because was so painful everything down there and plus bleeding I didn't start to have sex
Sometimes bleeding can be on and off for a long time with breast feeding. You should do a home pregnancy test to be sure your level is zero. If you are still bleeding at 10 weeks you really need an exam in person to find out where the bleeding is coming from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can talk here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't have sex since I got pregnant, for what to do a pregnancy test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all this infection what can be the reason?
I’m talking to you here. Ignore the phone call requests. They are auto generated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If after the treatment for yest infection is no improvement can i repeat the reatment, will afect this treatment my baby and is true the yest infection can go true milk? Thank you and I will look after a dr to have an examination.
You should do a pregnancy test to be sure it has gone down to zero since your delivery. It doesn’t matter that you have not had sex. You should not repeat the yeast treatment. Yeast infection is treated with one treatment only very effectively. The yeast from your vagina will not go to your breast milk. You should not need to stop nursing. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I understand now why I need to do a pregnancy test. Thank you