How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sofia khan Your Own Question
sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 960
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
Type Your Medical Question Here...
sofia khan is online now

I have this really weird rash on my face for the second day

This answer was rated:

Hey, I have this really weird rash on my face for the second day now and not sure its I need to go visit a doctor
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Yesterday morning - about an hour after I woke up and then it went away after a few hours, and same thing today but a lot worse (super red, itchy, kind of looks like its blistering but its not) - no medication & no new products or make up being used
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides this medication for this?
Customer: No I haven't used anything
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: nope


Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I have pictures if that would help

yes please, send them over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (QV3ZMGV)

ok give me a sec to review

is it possible for you to send them in jpeg format, as heic is not opening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 sec

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6VQ537V)

right thank you for sending these over.

It looks like you have periocular rash. (rash around teh eyes area). The commonest cause of this is contact dermatitis. This can be irritant or allergic in nature. You have come in contact with something that has caused this rash.

I do not see any worrying symptoms with it, such as lips swelling or periorbial edema.

In 70% of cases, we are not able to find the actual allergen.

for now I would suggest you apply 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily for 1 week, moisturise well and take fexofenidine 180mg od a day as needed. specially if you are otherwise weel and have no other symptoms.

keep an eye on your routine for future. if it keeps coming back then you may need a patch test done by dermatologist.

sofia khan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you!! Can this be a prolonged reaction? I'm mildly allergic to cats and was petting one about 4 days ago..?
Thank you so much though super helpful

yes, contact dermatitis is a delayed hypersensitivity reaction and appears after a few days.

it can happen due to pets as well.

thank you for the feedback :)