sofia khan
sofia khan,
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

My step daughter has been in tears all night She has

My step daughter has been in tears all night She has burning, itching and pain in upper back
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: She has had it for days now, she had a sunburn on that area but that was nearly 2 weeks ago. She has no injuries she just has been in so much discomfort that she hasn't slept. Ive given her hydrocortisone cream, paracetamol and ibuprofen but it hasnt settled. Its all read like a rash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

can you please send the picture of the area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do i send picture

dont worry about the phone call.

you can send me a picture through the attachment in the chat box.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This chat box has no option to attach pictures??

can you see a clip in the tool bar?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It just says write your reply here, nothing else

Hmm ok,

well picture would have been helpful. are you willing to wait till i drop admin an email to help you out. or do you want me to give you an advice based on the history?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took the pictures theres just no option to send, this is a very frustrating service so whatever you can do to make this easier I will go with that

Ok, dont worry, just bear with me, I'll try my best to sort it out quick.

I'll get back to your shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

I have emailed them and waiting for their response.

You can also contact the help centre on your end.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, i can only see your answer through text notifications if i press it on chrome it keeps saying theres an error��
I would rather speak to you so I'll wait for now

we shall need the pictures to assess the problem and give you appropriate advice. So I would also suggest waiting a bit. hopefully they should get back to me soon. one of the other options is you can try logging in through laptop or desktop.

can you see anything like this on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on laptop

great, lets have a look

Ok, so it appears as an extensive sunburn.

the good thing is it is not infected, so there is no need for antibiotics. The down side is as it is on a wide area, it can give her more problem with itching and burning.

Hydrocortisone alone would not help. She needs to step up the treatment. It needs to be changed to either Eumovate twice daily for the next 5-7 days.

along with this take fexofenadine 120mg once a day for 7 days and moisturise frequently with vaseline.

how old is she exactly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
shes 18, 04/02/02, thats great can I buy these over the counter

fexofenadine you can.

for eumovate you will require a prescription.

If your pharmacy has a pharmacist prescriber they can do this for you. otherwise, you will have to request your GP. some of the online telemedicine providers like push doctor can issue a prescription as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thats great I will try push doctor as they dont have a pharmacist prescriber, thank you

You are welcome.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can I ask you to take some time to rate the consultation? Your feedback is very important for my professional growth and also for the fact that until you have rated the consultation we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
of course, you are a star, thank you

Thank you! I wish you all the good luck. if any problems you can text me back through this thread int he next 7 days.

I look forward to your feedback.