How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sumanth Your Own Question
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16168
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Sumanth is online now

I have an issue with my neck, behind my leg ear and side of

This answer was rated:

I have an issue with my neck, behind my leg ear and side of face. It's been there a year I went to doctors and dentist on 4 visits. Various cream provided and dentist said it wouldn't be down to anything tooth related. The last visit to doctors they said it's internal and would refer me but it's a huge waiting list.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I suffer pain in the neck area and it gets very red with a warm wash and clean. I have other issues on my chest which I have used trimovate on before and that clears it up. Very small eczema on arms on occasion and back.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't believe so no thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can feel a lump sometimes under my jaw line which causes me pain some times also. I have tried rozex, eumovate and another steroid cream which didn't help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (VQ1ZGT5)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Thank you for uploading the images for my better understanding.

This looks like ring worm.

They are skin infections caused by a fungus. These types of fungal infections are also called "tinea."

Some people call these fungal infections "ringworm," because they often cause a ring-shaped, red, itchy rash on the skin. But a ring-shaped rash need not always be there. It is like a ring below the ear.

You can catch fungal infections from anyone who is infected. You can also catch them from an infected dog or cat. Plus, you can pick up the infections from places where the fungus might be, such as:

●A shower stall

●The locker room floor

●The area near a pool

If you have a fungal infection on one part of your body, you can also spread it to other parts.

The treatment for a fungal infection depends on which body part is affected. If you have a fungal infection on your scalp, you must take pills that will kill the fungus. Treatment for scalp infections usually lasts 1 to 3 months. If you have a fungal infection on your feet, groin, or another body part, you probably will not need pills. Instead, you can use a special gel, cream, lotion, or powder that kills fungus (Lotrimin AF or Lamisil applied in a thin layer twice a day for 2 - 4 weeks). Consistency is the key in the treatment.

Treatment with these products lasts 2 to 4 weeks. If you have a fungal infection on your groin and on your feet, you must treat both infections at the same time. If you do not, the infection on your feet can spread to your groin again.

These oral medications are prescription drugs and you will require doctor's prescription for this.

Here are some other general tips on how to prevent fungal infections:

●Do not share unwashed clothes, sports gear, or towels with other people

●Always wear slippers or sandals when at the gym, pool, or other public areas. That includes public showers.

●Wash with soap and shampoo after sports or exercise

●Change your socks and underwear at least once a day

●Keep your skin clean and dry. Always dry yourself well after swimming or showering.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this but one doctor I saw said it wasn't ring worm as it doesn't blister or itch. The skin feels tender and he said it's coming from inside it's not the outside skin which is the problem ??

I do not feel that it is an internal problem.

I feel so because the only internal problem which can cause skin discoloration like this is a bleed internally which is not so and it cannot be there for a year.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.

Dr.Sumanth and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani