How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1247
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

How do I see a specialist doctor as soon as possible? I want

This answer was rated:

How do I see a specialist doctor as soon as possible? I want to be properly assessed but I’m not getting anywhere with my GP. I have a cardiologist appointment but that could take two months

Good afternoon I am Dr Ruff, thank you for your question. You can see a private cardiologist rather than on the NHS if you wanted to see someone much faster. Is this what you are interested in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Basically I have been one of those long term covid sufferers and really don’t understand what’s causing my prolonged symptoms. Ideally I’d like to be seen by a infectious disease specialist and possibly a rheumatologist as well because my immune system is clearly not functioning properly

What symptoms do you have that need investigating?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Current symptoms include - sensitive/sore heart, occasional irregular pulse, headaches, weakness & nausea in morningThroughout the 3 month period I have had random relapses where Ive felt much worse for a few days.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** understand the cardiologist referral. But I do not understand the reason for a referral to infectious diseases and rheumatology? Have you had any recent travel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I almost certainly had coronavirus based on my initial symptoms (lung pain, fever, chills, headaches, chest pain). The fact that its persisting this long is why I want to see a specialist who can look into the immune function

I see. It is not infectious diseases that you require then (they would never have an appt left after this pandemic), you need a full blood count to check you white cell break down. This is the best that can be done to assess immune function.

If your symptoms are continuing then these would fall under cardiology. I can help you find a cardiologist if you like, but I would assume your GP has already arranged your blood tests and ECG?

Please let me know how I can be of help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ive had a few full blood counts done and an ECG with nothing abnormal showing up. I am in contact with thousands of others on this Slack group who are also dealing with long term symptoms and a lot of us have shown nothing abnormal on any blood work. This is why I am trying to look into it further. If you could help me find a cardiologist that would be reatly appreciated. Thanks

I understand your concern. I can indeed help you with this, I would however say that most private consultations range from £150-£250 for a consultation. But check with wherever you book so you are aware of the costs. It would also be useful to have your blood results and ECG prior to going to an appointment as this would save them requiring these being repeated.

Please let me know the town you are closest to, or area of a city, and I will assist you in finding a clinic.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I live in Milton Keynes

It appears you have one option for private in Milton Keynes. There is a clinic called the Saxon Clinic which is a BMI hospital.

This cardiologist is providing clinics there, you can book directly by contacting the hospital, They will advise you if you can book directly through the hospital or if you have to contact Dr Khiani's secretary

There is much else available sorry, unless you travel to London, but my advise is see someone local first and see what they say

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you very much. It’s greatly appreciated.

I hope this is of some help to you. If there is anything else then please do not hesitate to say, otherwise please could you kindly rate my response to your question, this is the only way JustAnswer acknowledge my response.

Many thanks

Elliot Ruff and 9 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you