Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Since past few days I have been feeling very nauseous. I

Hi Doctor! Since past few days I have been feeling very nauseous. I have also noticed I feel like warm in my throat too sometimes. Not sure why? A month ago doctor prescribed me lansoprazole as I was fasting in Ramadan which gave me gastritis which I only had for a few days. Past two days I thoughtmaybe that’s what’s causing a problem so I had 15mg lansoprazole but that just gave me stomach pain and feel nauseous. I haven’t had any Lansoprazole today but still few very nauseous.Also after I have food I feel as if my food isn’t digesting properly like it’s up to my throat.

Hi again

What was the diagnosis for which your doctor gave you the lansoprazole?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was fasting in Ramadan and I had paid under my left ribs which was sore. It was a telephone consultation with my gp and he told me to have 30mg lansoprazole. I only had it for like a few days.

It sounds like reflux

For now you need to take the lansoprazole daily--it's not causing your stomach pain or the nausea

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I took the lansoprazole I used to take it 30-50 mins before I had my food. But I used to get stomach upset with that, as soon as I stopped it my stomach was ok. Could that be side effect? Or should I have it after food?

Take it after food

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would u advise to take it on the evening food or lunch time ? Or it does not matter?

Take it after your evening meal

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you

My pleasure

Don't forget the rating please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I take 30mg or 15mg lansoprazole?

30 mg

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Sure

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr! Quick question...Am I ok to take this test whilst I am on lansoprazole.https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/heli-c-check-helicobacter-pylori-test-82453.html

You'd need to be off the lansoprazol for two weeks before the test to make sure it will be accurate

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ah ok thank u

Sure