Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I’ve had a gland pain for a couple of months and went to my

Hi,I’ve had a gland pain for a couple of months and went to my local gp and they said that it was nothing to worry about however the pain continues. However I also have realised that I have a swollen urethra opening on my penis which I haven’t notice before. I had unprotected sex 4 months ago however the girl I had sex with was clean. I can’t find anywhere what a swollen urethra opening would be a result of ? Thanks

If you're experiencing any penile lesions, please send us a pic. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (ZSV56GM)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (67TGM27)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (22PG46M)

Are you experiencing any penile discharge as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not any obvious penis dis charge no

Thanks for the info. I suspect you're experiencing a minor urethral irritation which should improve with conservative management. You may

• avoid sex or masturbation for a few weeks
  • practice protected, safe sex to prevent future cases of urethritis
  • practice healthy hygiene practices
  • stop use of irritating products
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is that an Infection caught from sex. It was my first time at sex. And I haven’t had sex since then ? Are you positive it isn’t sti or cancer related

I'm assuming your GP has ruled out STI; if not it needs to be ruled out. And no, it's not cancer. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven’t
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As you can see from this picture there appears to be a small excess of jelly like substance around the opening
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will rule out sti’s but usually would this be common with hiv or other sti’s as a symptoms
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yes, STIs can cause a penile discharge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But can they cause that on the penis ? The lump
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (PSZ2ZSM)

Yes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also would these be associated with an sti or would this be classed as Forsyth spots ?

Also please rate my answers so far and then you may ask more questions in a new thread. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ll rate them when I’ve had all my questions answered. I’m paying good money for this service. Thanks

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, did you still need advice?

I have reviewed your photos. The spots are indeed Fordyce spots which can occur in about 70% of men, unless changing, they wouldn't need any intervention. The photo at the beginning is useful, regarding the urtehtral meatus, there is a subtle skin change, this could be BXO/Lichen sclerosus and I would urge you ask your GP to have a closer look. This is not an STI but can lead to thickened/scarring of the skin, a lot of the time it can be managed with a combination of an antifungal cream and a steroids cream. But it can progress if left untreated. I would not be concerned with the jelly substance you have noticed unless you get urethral pain/discharge/increased urinary frequency - however any of these are indeed suggestive of a sexually transmitted infection

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thanks, ***** ***** get checked. Is it usually linked to any particular sti like hiv or not ?

Good morning, no, it isn't linked to an STI other than it is could be of fungal or herpetic origin. For men, fungal is the main cause, but treatment including a potent topical steroid would be the best option first. If it wasn't to go away then you should ask your GP to look as they may ask a urologist to see you

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. So to clarify I shouldn’t be worried about hiv that much as it’s unlikely to be a symptom of hiv ?

No worries, no, HIV would not even be a differential diagnosis for this

Elliot Ruff,
Experience: GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay cheers. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I will give you top review !

No problem. Do ask your GP about it though and see what they think