Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I have this wart like bump right above my genital area. So

Hi, I have this wart like bump right above my genital area. So basically my lower stomach. And it hasnt been much of a bother until yesterday. It has been a little itchy when I have my jeans on and it is very irritated. Very worried it's genital warts
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Can you send me a picture?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (5LPGVVV)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would you need more pictures?
From the picture it looks like Molluscum contagiosum, not a skin wart.How long do you have it for?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've had it for awhile honestly. Not exactly sure. Maybe a few months. But I never really payed any attention to it because It was never a bother. I didn't want to mess with it but it does worry me a little
Ok,looks like molluscum contagiosum, a common viral infection.It can be transmitted sexually, or non sex transmission is also possible.
It usually goes away in a year or so,but if it gets itchy or you scratch it,you may spread the infection.
I would recommend to see dermatologist for the treatment.
It doesn't look like a wart in picture, but in person evaluation is always better option.
I hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If my answer was helpful please CLICK the stars on the top of this page to rate my answer.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would this be worse than genital warts? It only started itching recently because I thought I could pop it. Which was clearly a mistake.
No,it is not worse,it is common skin infection usually heals on it's own. You don't usually need treatment. If you will scratch it,you may spread the infection to other parts of body, because it spreads by touch.You should see a dermatologist and get it removed if it is bothering you.
But avoid touching and scratching it.you may get it infected.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I figured it would go away on its own. Just kinda made me very self conscious and was very worried. If it goes away on its own, I think I could handle that
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think it could already be infected. I worked today and all day it was bothering me in a way that I could feel a little sting because my belt was right on that area
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I be putting any type of fungal cream or anything like that on it. Perhaps a band-aid?
It doesn't look infected.Don't put belt on it,but keep it covered all the time yes you can put a bandaid. Antifungal will not help.
But if it continues to bother you,I would recommend to see your physician in person for evaluation and treatment.
I hope it helps.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you think I should do about work? I have to wear jeans with a belt. Maybe it was because I was messing with it last night that it's just acting up right now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the recent months I have had it. Never had a problem with my belt or anything rubbing on it or anything like that
When you have to wear a belt, you can cover it with band aid, but if it is not helping, you will need to get it removed as I mentioned.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok sounds great. If it still itches like such I'll be sure to go to somebody for it. I appreciate the help
You are most welcome.
Good luck:)