Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I always feel something stuck at my throat kind of feeling

Hello Doctor - I always feel something stuck at my throat kind of feeling ... been almost 3 months ....
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: It’s not painful but irritating feeling Light pain sometime
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am 36

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is just silent acid reflux from your stomach. In this type of reflux, there is no actual heartburn but the amount of acid from the stomach causes the throat to become inflamed and this is where you feel light pain and something stuck in the throat. I would suggest that you must try over the counter available capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 2 weeks and 2 tablets of Tylenol thrice daily for 5 days and you are going to be alright. I reassure you that there is nothing serious like cancer-related to this. This is not coronavirus either. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sure Doctor, thanks. I took antibiotics few weeks before but it did not help much .. was little improvement ... 3 days back .. symptoms became similar to what they have been for 3 months now ... I don't have any cough
or fever.. but need to clear my throat frequently

I have sent you an answer above. I am an associate professor of Ear, nose, and throat diseases. Please read the answer and let me know. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will definitive rate it 5* for prompt reply
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
DO i need to change any food habits ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shoud gargaling with salt water help?

You should avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, and spicy foods. Give a two-hour break between your sleep and meal. Gargling will not help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yeah .. thats my exp too gargling not helping
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i feel light heartburn though .. and some congestion in throat sometime less/more
it it normal?

Please start with my suggestions and you are going to be alright. I reassure you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok gr8 .. appreciate it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good night

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doctor - I am not getting omeprazole over the counter .. instead esomeprazole is available
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will it work? and Also any other substitute for tylenol. this is also not avaialble over the counter
esomeprazole is also same and for tylenol you can take paracetamol.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay .. thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
really appreciate .. hope my condition gets better soon
it will. All the best.