Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I brushed the back of my tongue and I think I’ve scratched

I brushed the back of my tongue and I think I’ve scratched or traumatised a swollen tastebud cause it feels like something is stuck back there. What can I do to make this feeling go away.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

All you need to do is to suck on popsicle or ice and do saltwater gargles three to four times a day.

Most likely it will improve with it.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it normal for it to feel like there’s a forgoing body back there if it is scratched?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is normal to have foreign body sensation when scratched or inflamed.