Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am having problems with my vagina and i cant get to a

hi i am having problems with my vagina and i cant get to a chemist or a doctor and im just a bit worried
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, how old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: im 21 and im having a burning senstion, sore when i go toilet and cottage cheese like discharge also its a bit swollen
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: i have never had a smear test and no none
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: not that i can think of

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your symptoms are that of a yeast infection and I would suggest using Monistat 7 or clotrimazole vaginal cream available OTC for a week and most likely it will settle down. It is easily treatable condition no worries.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you are they over the counter that I can get in the chemist or do I have to go to a doctor

They are over the counter and you do not need a prescription for this.

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.