Dr Shahz
Dr Shahz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS (MD), FRCP, FHEA
107958700

Back in late April my Doctor told me I had a vaginal yeast

Back in late April my Doctor told me I had a vaginal yeast infection as I was dealing with persistent itching and burning in my vagina and my vulva. Last week I got swabs done for my vagina and results came back negative for any sexual transmitted disease, thrush or BV. Although my vagina may be clear I am still experiencing an irritation on my vulva especially on the inside of my labia. It looks a little inflamed and I still experience burning. My GP basically told me I need to use 1% hydrocortisone and E45 cream for 1-2 weeks. My concern is that this has gone on for a long time now and I'm desperate to get it fixed! Can you help?
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, how long have you dealt with the yeast infection? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: Yes, once in the past before in February, and again end of April. So more than 1 month now but my GP confirmed I am clear of yeast now.
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: 2 years ago, not due for a smear test until early 2021
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: I am on the contraceptive pill called Lizinna and have been with my partner for almost 5 years. I have not had sex since February (since my first round of vaginal thrush)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to add, I have also been washing my vulva with an E45 emollient wash cream

Hello, I have respond to your other opened question already.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, sorry I can't find your response?

I just replied you from your other question

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I don't want to switch to a live call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was just hoping for an answer

I told you that I replied already

see your question here: https://professional-secure.justanswer.com/chat/index/adff34d96ee74a19ac15fe1d62b1121a

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry to bother you but I'm afraid that link does not work

You opened so many pages with same question.

Please check; thick white discharge from clitoris' and my reply there

Ok, I write the reply here:

It is most probbaly vaginal thrush.

You need to apply anti fungal cream such as clotrimazole.

You can buy it over the counter