Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had a small sore on my penis last autumn. Recently i

Hi. I had a small sore on my penis last autumn. Recently i looked this up and it sounds like it could be syphilis. I have had no symptoms of secondary and neither has my wife. Do these sores appear quite quickly after exposure? i.e. I did something stupid with a lap dancer 2 years early (oral sex on her). Could it be related that long after?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about syphilis?
Customer: As of now I have no symptoms. I have not talked to a Doctor - I so wish I had. This was last autumn. The 'exposure' was 2 years ago.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no, it went away after a week or so
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. I did have oral thrust about 15 years ago. Dr said I had a weak immune system.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. You cant get syphilis from giving oral sex.
Incubation can last from 10 to 90 days with an average incubation period of 21 days. During this period, the serologic testing for syphilis will be non-reactive but known contacts to early syphilis (that have been exposed within the past 90 days) should be preventatively treated. Chancre (sore) must be present.The sore with syphilis is characteristic and has a raised borderIts best not to speculate as to what the sore could have been, you should go and be tested for syphilis and hiv and put your mind at ease.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
39;You cant get syphilis from giving oral sex.'?
A male cannot get a syphilis sore on the penis by giving a female oral sex.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. That's clear and obvious, so chancres are not secondary?
A chancre is one of the first signs. Average incubation period is 21 days. See my answer above