sofia khan
sofia khan,
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

What is this yellow on my baby chest 8 months

What is this yellow mark on my baby chest 8 months

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am really worried please I don’t want to have to attend hospital or gp with covid about

Thank you sending this picture.

It seems to be a resolving bruise. As you might know the brusie changes its colour and yellowish colouring stages its almost resolved.

its common in children,especially in this stage when they can bump into things and get these bruises.

i would not worry about a single bruise, if there is frequent appearence of brusies then I would suggest checking out by GP.

If the baby is well, there is no need to worry about.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long will it last and is there anything I can put on it

a brusie can take 2 weeks to completely heal. It looks like its almost gone already. give it another week. there is no need to put anything. it resolves on its own.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It only appeared like this today thank you for your help

small and light bruises often get missed. I would still not worry about it and give it time if the baby is well in himself/herself.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can I ask you to take some time to rate the consultation? Your feedback is very important for my professional growth and also for the fact that until you have rated the consultation we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan