Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a red rash on my penis which I believe is dermatitis

Hi, I have a red rash on my penis which I believe is dermatitis (as I have had before) I have tried using thrush cream but it appears to make it worse. I’ve had it for about 10 days and it hasn’t cleared yet
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?
Customer: No I have had it before. About 10 days so far but this is the first time I’m reaching out about on this occasion
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today.
Do you have a picture of the rash that you can attach here?

If you receive a phone call request, you can ignore it. It is sent automatically by the website and not by me.

I will continue to respond here after I receive your reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (S625M42)

I have seen the picture.

This does look like dermatitis. I will suggest that you stop using the antifungal/thrush cream and apply 1 percent hydrocortisone cream thrice a day on the area, keep the area moisturized and avoid sexual intercourse and masturbation until this has healed.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Doc, I went to the pharmacy and bought the cream that you mentioned. It does advise not to be used on genital area, is there a specific cream I need to buy for that or is that just a warning?

No, the warning is not to use it inside the urethra and the vagina. You can use it on the penis skin.