Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I recently took 2 blood tests to check my hormones, 1

I recently took 2 blood tests to check my hormones, 1 privately with Medichecks (finger prick test) and 1 with the NHS (blood drawn by nurse).In both tests, I am concerned about my testosterone levels. While they are “within” range, I think they are too low given my circumstances.I am a 23 year old male, I regularly sleep 8 hours a night, lift weights and do cardio 3-4x a week, eat a healthy diet and I drink lots (and almost exclusively) of water.I have a few symptoms:
1. Delayed ejaculation, I am sometimes physically exhausted by the time I finish (with partner)
2. Erectile dysfunction, while I am able to get erections, they do not often remain fully hard for long, usually around 60-70%
3. Poor memory, I have some trouble with short term memory and I tend to be forgetfulI have attached my test results as images.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. It doesn’t look to me like your testosterone is borderline or low at all. I’m concerned about the elevated prolactin level. Is your Dr checking that out.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The bottom test is the most recent test for prolactin (nurse took the blood)
I see that now. So thats nothing to worry about. Are you taking any other medications or supplements. I do not think your testosterone is borderline low or abnormal at all. If you wish to try testosterone replacement, know that it affects your fertility negatively. You may want to try to see and endocrinology specialist.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My testosterone is within range but research tells me the average for my age is 692ng/dl. Mine is 319ng/dl
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don’t take any supplements right now besides a multivitamin
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can’t help but feel like something is suppressing my testosterone level, shouldn’t it be above average given my lifestyle? Or is it just a matter of genes?
It is in the normal range. Thinking that its “low normal” is not correct. Testosterone varies widely depending on the time of day its taken. I really think it would benefit you to see an endocrinologist