DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am taking the sleeping pill Zopiclone and have also been

Customer Question

I am taking the sleeping pill Zopiclone and have also been advised to use a throat spray Difflam. Reading the enclosed leaflet on the Zopiclone is says not to use with anything else containing benzodiazepines. Tha Difflam contains benzydamine - is this the same thing?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you been using the sleeping pill? Has it helped at all?
Customer: I had two last week prior to haveing a procedure and they helped (taken over two nights). Once again having sleeping problems I spoke to the GP and he has given me a few more sleeping pills to take . I took one last night had slept very well, but I had also taken a dose of the Difflam. This afternoon I took a dose of Difflam (about 2.00 pm. and now 6.30 I just feel a little light headed and wonder if it is wise to take another dose as I will have a sleeping pill tonight?
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. Have you used anything besides the sleeping pill for this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so as I only take levothyrozine for an underactive thyroid, esomaprozale for a hiatus hernia and atorvastatin.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 15 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It is an anti-inflammatory and not like benzodiazepines

You can use it with Zopiclone without any problem

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating