DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I hurt my coccyx twice within two years, 5 years ago.

I hurt my coccyx twice within two years, 5 years ago. Recently I've been exercising a lot more and have noticed spasms, like a painless pulsing around my coccyx which comes and goes. What could be the cause? It doesn't really cause me any problems except occassionally it happens when I am moving my bowels and seems to confuse my body about what should be moving. Should I get it investigated or not?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you ?

Do you have backache?

Are you overweight or obese?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm 36. No backache. I was overweight when I started upping my exercise at the start of lockdown (that's why I started doing more). I'm 160cm tall, I started at 74kg and am now 63kg.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just online chats are fine, thank you.

Thanks for the details

This can be due to excessive straining during exercise

I don,t think it is anything serious

I would still suggest that you should have it examined to make sure that you don,t need an X-ray for further evaluation

It can just be a muscle spasm

Sometime with excessive exercise there could be some electrolyte imbalance causing muscular spasm as well

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating