Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am feeling restless, depressed, wired up ... I don't know

Customer Question

Hello, I am feeling restless, depressed, wired up ... I don't know how to describe it. I have PTSD and I am not well at the moment
JA: The Psychologist can help. To begin, when did the depression start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I have been depressed on and off for years. I have tried several medications over the years including sertraline and quetiapine
JA: Thanks for that. How severe has the depression been?
Customer: unable to get out of bed. cut off links with everyone around me .. I just can't function
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I was monitored for suicidal thoughts in mid-march..
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. You need emergency medical help. What is your postal code so that I can give you specific help?If you just need to talk, any time of day or nightFree listening servicesThese services offer confidential advice from trained volunteers. You can talk about anything that's troubling you, no matter how difficult:Call 116 123 to talk to Samaritans, or email:***@******.*** for a reply within 24 hours
Text "SHOUT" to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line, or text "YM" if you're under 19
If you're under 19, you can also call 0800 1111 to talk to Childline. The number will not appear on your phone bill.Information:
Coping during a crisisThe mental health charity Mind has information on ways to help yourself cope during a crisis.This includes calming exercises and a tool to get you through the next few hours.
NHS urgent mental health helplinesNHS urgent mental health helplines are for people of all ages.You can call for:24-hour advice and support - for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for
help to speak to a mental health professional
an assessment to help decide on the best course of care
Find a local NHS urgent mental health helplinePlease reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.