Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

4 weeks ago I had an episode that lasted 2 weeks, my both

Customer Question

Hi 4 weeks ago I had an episode that lasted 2 weeks, my both arms and legs were tingling and my cheeks were flushed. It went away for 10 days and now my hands have pins and needles again. I am worried.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no swelling and it doesn't look like anything is making it worse or better
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I also feel very slight numbness in my cheeks
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 11 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Is this an electric shock like sensation which is felt moving down the limbs?

2. Is this a jerky movement which is felt just before you are falling asleep or just before you are waking up?

3. Is there any family history multiple sclerosis?

4. Is there any double vision?

5. Are you experiencing any weakness in any part of the body?

6. Are there any bladder problems like urgency or frequency or loss of control?

7. Are there any involuntary muscle twitchings?

8. Are you experiencing the symptoms only now or have they been recurring?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1-6 no, 7 I've had a few twitches in my legs yesterday but not sure if they are anything out of ordinary

Hello...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information please.

From you symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Vitamin D and calcium and magnesium deficiency.

2. Idiopathic twitching.

3.Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

I suggest you take OTC vitamin D and calcium supplements on a regular basis

I will send a link -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-Supplement-Vegetarian-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B01N295CCY

This ships to UK and you can use 2 per day.

Need not be worried about any serious neurological issues please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the first episode started on 3rd of June and my both extremities were tingling, it started suddenly in the middle of the night. 2 weeks later it was all gone and I didn't have any symptoms for 10 days. 2 days ago my hands started getting pins and needles again and I can feel slight numbness on both cheeks, near the jaw line
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I had blood tests, FBC, vitamins, diabetes, kidney function all fine

Then all the more it is good news that it is only benign.

Do not worry.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What do I do about tingling?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am 33

I suggest you take neurovitamins available as tablet Neurobion Forte - taken one tablet once a day for 3 months please.

You can buy it online here -

https://www.amazon.com/Neurobion-CLASSICO-Tablets-Vitamin-Booster/dp/B003KI53T2