How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49289
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I'm getting excruciating pain just below my breasts in the

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm getting excruciating pain just below my breasts in the middle. Its been happening to 8 years now, and everytime I've tried to get it sorted out, I always get told that they have no clue. I have a contraceptive Implant which I've had for 8 years now. And I experience this pain, about once a month. Mainly when my periods hit. But sometimes they are irregular and I can be on my period for nearly 2 weeks.. The pain is so bad, that I have to lie in the foetus position, clutching at my tummy or pressing something against it to release the pressure. It stops me from being able to go about my days. It started 13:30pm yesterday and is still the exact same pain currently. And I threw up at 5:44
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: So much pain. And normally once a month, but sometimes it can be irregular and I can be on for nearly 2 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It feels like someone is reaching inside, and tugging at that area and squeezing. It's incredibly painful and I can't bare it anymore
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

What is your age?

What are the investigations done?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, burping, tenderness on the abdomen?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
27 years old, I've had blood tests taken and a poop sample and all results came back with nothing abnormal.
I get diarrhea and constipation, nausea, vomiting, lost of appetite, bloating, gas, burping and tenderness
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

Your symptoms are likely due to;

1) Gallbladder stone.

2) Peptic ulcer

3) Hiatal hernia/Acid reflux.

You need a CT scan for the evaluation and an Upper GI endoscopy for the ascertainment of the cause. Helicobacter pylori testing also may give a clue to the diagnosis.

The following meanwhile would help you;

1) antacids; Maalox/Tums

2) acid blocker; Lansoprazole

3) liquid diet till the pain goes away

4) probiotics.

5) Tylenol.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are these available to purchase over the counter?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
could it be to do with my periods? As it only seems to happen when it's that time
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

All of these are without the prescription.

This is not likely to be related to the periods.

The medical issues which we discussed maybe aggravated around periods but it may not be the primary culprit.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How do I pursue this with my local gp? Demand for a ct scan? As something clearly isn't right? I always seem to get fobbed off by them, and them not knowing what's wrong
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

Yes, any recurrent pain demands answer and diagnosis. You need to demand a CT scan from your doctor for the diagnosis and treatment.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

Stay blessed.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 days ago.

Please consider a 5-star/positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.