Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I want to speak with a gynaecologist or fertility doctor.

Customer Question

I want to speak with a gynaecologist or fertility doctor. Thank You
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello. Are you a gynaecologist or fertility doctor?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
I am a board certified Ob-gyn.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, thank You
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My question is.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
Theres no question here
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Since 1 year I have long cycle. Every time it becomes very difficult for me
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
You will need to give complete information in order to get an answer. Age? How far apart are your cycles? When was your last period, first day?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Before 1 year my normal cycle was 32-35 days average.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m 33
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is my cycle’s graphic for a year. June 2019-June 2020
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
32-35 day cycles are completely normal. You can regulate your cycle by being on the birth control pill. If you are trying to conceive, and cannot conceive, you would need to see a Dr for a complete workup. I see from your chart that you have some cycles that are much longer. This indicates polycystic ovarian syndrome. And requires an in person visit, and blood work for help to diagnose it. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I explain you every thing about it?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
I’m not sure what you mean. Are you trying to conceive or are you just worried about your cycle
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
During this time I had seen a doctor, three doctors. They didn’t say me about polycystic syndrome. I had some blood tests and they were ok.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m trying to conceive for 3 year
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Years
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
It sounds like you have polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you haven’t conceived for 3 years and you are 33, you need consultation with an infertility specialist. The first step is for your partner to have a semen analysis. About half of all infertility is male factor, and related to the man. If its ok, the treatment would start with Clomid for you and/or metformin to induce ovulation. If you are overweight, you need to lose weight or its unlikely to work. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I had long cycles, I had a pain around my neck, (around thyroid place) on the left side and sometimes on the left side. This pain is light and it is there around one week. I had some thyroid blood tests, but they were ok. When my cycle is short I don’t have this pain. I think it is not a coincidence.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I took clomid 50 mg for three cycles but it was the same situation
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
You may have needed a higher dose. You need to see an infertility specialist and consider ivf if you want to conceive. Your long cycles have nothing to do with neck pain and it sounds like your thyroid is normal. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
In these months in red line I took Clomid
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
That gives no additional information. Did you ovulate on Clomid? It looks like you did not. You need to see an infertility specialist.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I see my ovulation by ovulation tests and temperatures measured. I am sending two of my charts for more information.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Second chart
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
You’re ovulating extremely late in your cycle. You’re not going to be able to conceive when ovulating this late. I would suggest seeing an infertility specialist for an evaluation.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, my problem maybe is very confused situation, but could you advise me what can I do about my neck pain? Because it is not coincidence every two months is there, and every time when is there I had long cycle.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t want to go for Ivf, because I see that in my body is something wrong, and for this reason I am very sad, why doctors don’t tell me the truth? Maybe my problem is simple to solve. Maybe it is just for a right medicine.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My husband is ok, he had some tests as well.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
How was his semen analysis/sperm count? Yes something is wrong, it is pcos. I have already noted above to you that you need either Clomid, higher dose, or metformin. Are you overweight? Its definitely not a simple solution