How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

My son has an ear infection and pain killers are no longer

Customer Question

Hi, my son has an ear infection and pain killers are no longer working effectively.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long has your son had the pain? Has he used any medication for it?
Customer: He's been suffering with it the last three days and there's discharge from the ear. He has t-tubes in his ears and has had ear infections in the past. We've been taking Calprofen every 6 hrs
JA: Thanks for that. Has he seen a doctor about ear infections?
Customer: he has in the past yes, he was under an ENT consultant
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, no other conditions and no allergies
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this service not supposed to take 5 minutes?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Is your son receiving ear drops to treat the infection? When children have tubes and discharge from the ear, antibiotic ear drops will clear the infection well. You’re going to need to contact your gp or the Ent that he say. In the meantime, he can get relief if you fold a wash rag and soak it in hot water. Apply to your own ear first to test the temperature then apply as a compress to his ear. Lay him on the side of the bad ear so that it can drain. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.