DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have asthma and suffer reoccurring chest infections which

Customer Question

Hi I have asthma and suffer reoccurring chest infections which last weeks sat a time
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I’ve been like it for the last 10 years but have suffered all feb , march with chest infections and pleurisy now two weeks ago chest infection again , I have had one course if doxycycline which made me feel a lot better but I know it’s back again now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have genetic haemochrootosis im on Prozac and Telfast plus montilucast
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m also desperate to loose weight and get fit but I use my treadmill for about 3 weeks then get another chest infection
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I use Ralvar inhailer once a day and find it great, no use for any blue inhailer but once I start getting ill my Astra’s plays up and I get asthma attacks then within days I get a pain in my side and back - doxycycline makes me better for a couple if weeks the. I started coughing and being green stuff up and get I’ll again
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I also have an under-active thyroid and take levothyroxine- 150 one day then 125 the next . This was always at 150 per day but a doctor reduced it about 5 months ago
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
mid feb I got Ill but didn’t go to the doctors until beginning of March - diagnosed pleurisy- doxycycline and steroid tabs , it took three course of antibiotics and steroids to get better then two weeks later I was ill again so doxycycline again then I got better now I’ve not long finished a weeks course of doxycycline and it’s coming back again
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m sitting here feeling poorly again , with a headache and tight chest and pain starting to comeback in my side , hoarse throat , asthma starting to okay up , tired, all the things which tell me it’s back and I don’t know whether to take my rescue pack of doxycycline or not ? It just doesn’t seam to completely go ����
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi yes please I will wait
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 5 days ago.

Immunity can be improved with weekly or fortnightly shots of hyperimmune IG concentrate. Other alternate therapy is drug Septilin taken few months. Good luck.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this safe to take with my iron overloaded blood and underactive thyroid please ?
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 days ago.

Yes no problem.