Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have lost my hearing, Finasteride, No

I have lost my hearing
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Finasteride
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

For how long you have this? How old are you? Is there any ear ringing?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Dr Hasan
Thanks for getting back to me
It’s been about 3 months in one ear, it got quite bad a couple of days ago. I’m 26.
There is some ringing , more like a fuzz.
They feel blocked when I blow through my nose (covered by my hand), So I’m hoping it’s just that. but it just seems odd, I have a lot of stress held in my neck too
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I didn’t realised it would cost £35
I’d like to cancel and refund please

Have you provided the right number?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m not sure but I’d like to cancel
I can not afford £34

Ok sure. I am going to send you an answer and since you haven't received a call, you will not be charged.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. We hear in two ways. Through the conductive mechanism in which our middle ear plays a role and through the sensory way in which our inner ear that is connected to the brain plays a role. The presence of ringing means that your inner ear has got involved but the feeling of blocking on blowing nose means that there is some fluid in the middle ear as well. The middle ear is connected to the nose through a tube in the back of the nose. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can try over the counter available Sinex nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for 4 days, tablet Claritin once daily for 7 days, steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily for 2 weeks and Ginkobiloba supplements twice daily for 2 months. Later you should see your doctor who should refer you to an ENT and he should get your PTA and tympanometry test done and should prescribe you with steroid nasal spray for the middle ear fluid and betahistine for the inner ear. I reassure you that this can be treatable and you don't have to live with it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

I have sent you an answer above and I have notified JustAnswer that I haven't called you so you will get an automatic refund.