Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have a friend who has had skin cancer, removed with with

I have a friend who has had skin cancer, removed with with some surgery 4-5 years ago. I would like her to be checked regularly for this and other skin conditions, what is the best way to ensure this. She had been having regular checks at her GPs up to several years ago but they now say she should check herself for any changes in spots, etc. I am concerned that she will miss anything significant and I do not think my powers of observation would be much help..
Ideally I guess a one a year \ six month check up would be good as part of a general health check up. But much of the basics we can do ourselves eg BP, Pulse, BM checks. Many thanks for your help on this PS She is fair skinned and her ethnic group is at a greater risk than most other communities
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. She can try to get a yearly skin screening with a dermatologist. Who would remove any suspicious spots at the visit. This may be something only available through private pay, if thats what you want. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.