M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

I have dark tiny black spots around my vaginal area and not

Hi there I have dark tiny black spots around my vaginal area and not sure if they are normal
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: I had irregular paps in my past. Had a loop excision when I was 19 I’m 42 now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Last pap about 3 years ago. I have endometriosis, many lap surgeries and had a total hysterectomy in 2016 👍🏻
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok great

Hi, these could be Fordyce spots, which are usually flesh colored, but can be darkish and red. They are tiny sebaceous glands that are visible and do not have hairs. They are harmless, and can be about 1 mm to 5mm in size. Other possibilities include endometriosis related deposits, but this is unlikely.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I have a appt with my family dr and I do need a re-referral for a gynaecologist as I got referred to another city for my endo specialist gyne and need one here as once I had my hysterectomy I don’t have a gyne anymore. I’ll get it checked out as not sure I can send a pic on here

Another possibilty is angiokeratoma, which are due to dialted blood vessels and can also occur in the genital area. Have a look at this too:

https://www.healthline.com/health/angiokeratoma

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok just ensuring nothing cancer related they do no bother me. It was my better half who noticed

No, nothing to suggest that as yet. Both the conditions I mentioned are harmless.

Of course it is much easier to make a diagnosis when you see and examine a patient and order labs or Xrays. But what we can do on this website is tell you some of the things that could be causing your symptoms and reassure you about some things that you might be concerned about.

Please touch the 5 stars on your screen below my picture to give a positive rating to my answer, it's very important for me, thanks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve just had a lot of reproductive problems Over the years. My mom has had cervix all cancer and I’ve ha abnormal cells so always want to be sure I’m on top of things

Yes, that's always the best policy, to have anything suspicious checked out, if you have that history.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your time and I will give 5 stars as you were very helpful

Welcome, and take care!