the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease for about 6

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease for about 6 years and take 100mcg Levothyroxin. Two years ago I was hospitalised with pneumonia and a positive test for flu. This year in March I spent 8 days in hospital with Rigors and high temperatures, and a CRP of 195. First they considered Gall Stones, scan was clear, then they thought Liver but CT showed Liver and Stomach to be ok, then I had an echocardiogram which was also clear. I had about 6 different types of IV antibiotics, numerous antiemetics for the nausea and vomiting and IV paracetamol for he temperatures and pain.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, have you used the antibiotics or anything similar before?
Customer: Some antibiotics but not all of them. This time I was given Gentamycin, Metronidozole, and various others.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: I am no longer in pain but I feel short of breath on the slightest bit of exertion. I returned to work, I am a student Health Visitor but was sent home. Then Covid prevented us from working and I have now had a further two months off from the GP. Yesterday I had an antibody test for COVID but today the result has come back negative. I believed my illness must have been this but now I am no longer sure
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am female and 48 years old, probably going through the perimenopause but apart from Hashimoto's have no other illnesses.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

the COVID antibody tests are very inaccurate

50% false negative rate

so you could have had it for sure

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!